Faculty Development Course
10-Day Sample Program in São Paulo, Salvador and Rio de Janeiro
Home to over 200 million, Brazil is the fifth largest country on the planet with one of the fastest growing higher education sectors. From free federal universities, which are at the top of the country’s higher-education hierarchy, to for-profit universities, which now enroll three-quarters of all Brazilian college students (nearly 5.3 million people—more than twice as many students as in U.S. for-profit schools). The Brazilian eduction system is expansive, and we are here to help connect you to its many facets and leaders—so you can focus on creating strong, collaborative international relationships.
Day 1 - Arrival in São Paulo
Your Campus Brasil coordinators will be waiting for your group just after you exit customs. They will be available to assist you during your stay in Brazil.
- Lunch and Tour around Vila Madalena Nei-ghborhood
- Welcome Dinner at a Traditional Brazilian Steakhouse
Day 2 -
- Introduction to FAUBAI : FAUBAI Presentation: “Brazilian HEI and its New Challenges” - keynote presented by FAUBAI Executive Director
- Interactions at a Public University: Meeting w/ International Office Staff, Administrators example: UNESP // Meeting w/ International Office Staff, Administrators (example: USP, Director of International & National Academic Relations)
- Dinner and cultural event: Example: Cervejaria Nacional Enjoy the nightlife in a traditional restaurant in Pinheiros Neighborhood - vegetarian options available!
Day 3 -
- Interaction at a Private University: Meeting w/ International Office Staff, Administrators example: UNIP, International Relations Director
- Interaction at a Research Foundation: Meeting w/ International Office Staff, Administrators example: FAPESP, Coordinator of Research, Innovation and Diffusion